Sunday, September 10, 2017

Cupcakes for family picnic

Feels like a fall day today so I made cupcakes.  For the base of the cupcake I use a mix but I put it together like LIZZY does at Your Cup of Cake.  This makes the cakes taste better and it is so easy to do. I also chopped up some Milky Way bars and added them to the batter.  There is a caramel filling as a small surprise in the center of these and caramel frosting.  For a festive look I topped them with fun fall colored jimmies and a piece of a Milky Way bar.


For the caramel frosting.
1 cup butter
1/4 - 1/2 cup of caramel (normally I make my own, but I used caramel ice cream topping today as I was in a hurry)
4 - 5 cups powered sugar
1 - 2 teaspoons vanilla
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
Milk or whip cream to desired consistency (will be about 4 tablespoons)

Beat the butter and caramel until creamy.  Add sugar about 1 cup at a time and beat.
Add vanilla, salt and some milk.  Beat until smooth and creamy and add more milk as needed until you reach your desired consistency.

Now off to the family picnic where I will be sharing these cupcakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment